Friday, December 6, 2013

Informational text paired with your lessons

One of the areas of Common Core I see taking up teacher's time the most is finding informational text that pairs with what you are currently studying.  EBSCOhost provides a free and simple way to make this happen.  Please note that on the link that will be shared below, I have made two errors. One, the walkthrough goes in reverse order.  Two, instead of a normal search, make sure you are doing an advanced search.  When searching for resources, I typically like to add "Scholastic" in one of the boxes since they provide such wonderful resources for education, but this doesn't always work perfectly.  Using this resource will allow you to also target Lexile levels, ensuring the content is more appropriate for your students.  I hope this is helpful for you, let me know if you need anything.  See the walkthrough here.